Mounting HP-UX NFS shares on RHEL 5.1

Kenneth Holter kenneho.ndu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 11:56:40 UTC 2008

Consider the following line taken from the HP-UX /etc/exports file:

/NFS_share -root=LinuxServer <http://a01isvl001.adeo.no/>,access=LinuxServer

This is what our HP-UX guy have set up, but it doesn't work. If we remove
the access list, so that "(everyone)" replaces the current access list, it
works fine.

It seems that the HP-UX supports both NFS version 2 and 3:

[root at LinuxServer etc]# rpcinfo -u UnixServer nfs
program 100003 version 2 ready and waiting
program 100003 version 3 ready and waiting

The same command pointed at the LinuxServer box also add version 4.