Looking for Red Hat / Linux client software compatible with Sidewinder G2 firewall

Nicholas G. Stamatakos stamatakos.nick at usno.navy.mil
Fri Oct 3 14:31:42 UTC 2008

Hi Red Hat experts--
Our IT department has implemented a Sidewinder G2 firewall.  However,
for the Linux users at our organization who wish to VPN from home or on
the road into our network, this poses a problem.

The IT department folks tell us that there is only a gateway-to-client
solution for Windows XP/Vista and Mac users.  The company Secure
Computing only makes this Safenet Softremote software for Windows and
Mac users.

Is there an open source or Linux / Red Hat version of some software that
will essentially do the same thing as the SafeNet Softremote software?

(I hope that I am using the term gateway-to-client correctly.  The Linux
boxes and laptops that we have would be the client, and the gateway is
the firewall or thru the firewall?)

Thanks
Nick Stamatakos

--