Re: RHEL5 BASE AND ADVANCED PLATFORM CHECK

Hi all,

In earlier version of RHEL one could simply dump out
/etc/redhat-release to determine if an install was WS, ES or AS. For
example:

   cat /etc/redhat-release
   Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 (Taroon Update 4)

   cat /etc/redhat-release
   Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 4)

From what I can find the distinction between AP and base Server has
been lost for release 5 with both showing:

   cat /etc/redhat-release
   Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5 (Tikanga)

I already responded to this, basically just to let you know that "lsb_release -a" does not work either. So /proc/version, /etc/issue, and /etc/redhat-release all appear to contain similar information. I do not know of any other method.