Redhat Cluster Suite / GFS

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Mon Oct 6 18:35:36 UTC 2008

Alright - I have to say that Redhat docs suck sometimes, and this is one
of those times. I've spent most of my day fooling around with this
unsuccessfully.

I'm trying to configure GFS on a SAN.  I've created the logical volume
and a partition on it using gfs2.  When I try to mount it, I get these
errors:

/sbin/mount.gfs2: can't connect to gfs_controld: Connection refused

I googled it and found a reference to gfs2-tool, cman, etc.  Why doesn't
  the RedHat docs mention this in the GFS admin docs?

I don't want the other aspects of clustering, just the shared file
system.  Do I still need to configure a cluster to use gfs2?  It seems
odd that I would need to.

Ryan