GFS

Has anyone successfully setup GFS? I have SAN connected to several computers by fibre, and it appears that GFS is the way to go as opposed to use an NFS server.

Do I really need to set up all the other aspects of a Redhat cluster to get GFS to work? There doesn't seem to be a good HOW-TO of this anywhere, and the RedHat docs are not as helpful as I would have liked.