Re: FSCK Maintenance - no root password

My file server locked up and I had to reboot it, when it came up its stuck
in the FSCK maintenance.  Is there a way that I can run this without a root
password or reset the password?  The file system is an ext3 in a raid 5
configuration.

I would be very cautious about interrupting an fsck. If you reboot your machine and press a key to bring up the grub menu, then type 'e' to edit that kernel entry, move to the kernel line, hit 'a' to append .. place an 's' at the end of the line and hit enter and then 'b' to boot you will boot without the root password into single user mode.

Barry