FSCK Maintenance - no root password

Jason Brown ninjazjb at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 21:05:51 UTC 2008

The file system was unmounted during the maintenance mode.  What I ended up
doing was:
mdadm --assemble --force /dev/md0 /dev/hde1 ......
This recreated the RAID array, once that completed I was able to run fsck
/dev/md0 and it cleaned the file system.  I rebooted the server and it came
up as normal.
Thanks to all for your help.

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 9:58 PM, Sanjay Chakraborty <sanjaychakrab at gmail.com