RE: what can i do?

If I'm not mistaken (but check this as I'm not confident) you can tell
the XP installer not to partition the drive but use the existing NTFS
partition.

This SHOULD (but make a working backup off course) leave your linux
system alone.  The only issue will be that XP will nuke the MBR.
Booting a live distro or Fedora's rescue disk will get you into your
system.  Then reinstall grub to your MBR and you should be set.

Regards

Bram

Mazda Motor Logistics Europe NV, Blaasveldstraat 162, B-2830 Willebroek
VAT BE 0406.024.281, RPR Mechelen, ING  310-0092504-52, IBAN : BE64 3100 0925 0452, SWIFT : BBRUBEBB