Mounting HP-UX NFS shares on RHEL 5.1

Kenneth Holter kenneho.ndu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 07:10:58 UTC 2008

Hello list.

One of our HP-UX boxes defines an NFS share that we need to mount on my RHEL
5.1 box, and are having problems with defining the access control list.

For testing purposes we didn't define any access control list on the NFS
share, resulting in a successful mount on the linux box. But as soon as we
add the "accept" option in the access control list, the mount fails.
Mounting performed by another HP-UX box is successful, though.

Does anyone have experience in this sort of setup, and knows if it's
possible to define access control lists when we have a linux box on
the client side?

Regards,
Kenneth Holter