CUPS log files flooding

Margaret Doll Margaret_Doll at brown.edu
Fri Sep 12 16:41:34 UTC 2008

I did my last update today using up2date.   The update that  I did on
August 28th included the updates that changed this system.  I do have
ten other RedHat system at various versions;  I don't see the problem
on the other systems.

The errors in the /var/log/cups/access_log  have always been

localhost - - [05/Sep/2008:14:20:18 -0400] "POST / HTTP/1.1" 200 192
localhost - - [05/Sep/2008:14:20:18 -0400] "POST / HTTP/1.1" 200 192

However, after the last upgrade this access_log is large very quickly
and fills up the
/var partition.  I have turned off the LogLevel on
cups to none, so access_log has stopped growing.

There is also something else going on as well.

/var is still filling up.  I know that the log and named directories
in /var contain the files that are growing.