Message error - lib/util.c:smb_panic

Paulo Cesar Naves Mota Paulo.Mota at cetelem.com.br
Mon Sep 15 17:44:20 UTC 2008

Trazzini,

    In below informations, I am using Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES
release 4 (Nahant Update 7) with kernel 2.6.9-78.0.1.ELsmp i386,
samba-3.0.28-0.el4.9,  in "dmesg" there aren't errors.
    I checked on Red Hat Network and there aren't updates for him.
PS.: This server is virtualized in blade.

Thanks!

*smb.conf*
[global]
        username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
        map to guest = Bad User
        passdb backend = tdbsam
        workgroup = COMPANY
        security = ads
    realm = COMPANY.COM.BR
        domain logons = no
        domain master = no
        wins support = no
        wins server = xx.xx.xx.xx
        log level = 0
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        idmap uid = 15000-65000
        idmap gid = 15000-65000
        template shell = /bin/false
        winbind use default domain = yes
        template homedir = /tmp/%u
        winbind enum groups = no
        winbind enum users = no
        acl compatibility = auto

*testparm *
Loaded services file OK.
Server role: ROLE_DOMAIN_MEMBER

[global]
    workgroup = COMPANY
    realm = COMPANY.COM.BR
    security = ADS
    map to guest = Bad User
    passdb backend = tdbsam
    username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
    log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
    domain master = No
    wins server = xx.xx.xx.xx
    idmap uid = 15000-65000
    idmap gid = 15000-65000
    template homedir = /tmp/%u

Marcos Trazzini ® wrote:

> Hi Paulo.
>
> Of course I remember you, since the first e-mail!
>
> Keep going on this issue, perhaps there's a problem on your smb.conf.
> Have you checked it using the "testparm" command? Please send an
> uncommented version of your smb.conf (TIP: "egrep '^[^;#$]'
> /etc/samba/smb.conf"). Some more details about the server are welcome,
> like follows:
>
> 1) Which Red Hat version are you running? (Including the platform,
> like x86 or x86_64)
>
> 2) There are updates available? Don't forget (If possible, of course)
> to keep the server up-to-date before asking for help
>
> 3) Check the dmesg's output for related errors
>
> 4) The server's IP configuration (you can hide "valid" IPs or parts of
> them)
>
> --
> Marcos S. Trazzini => mstrazzini at gmail.com

Att,