After recent upgrade, one printer not working

mark m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Tue Sep 16 16:32:37 UTC 2008

Margaret Doll wrote:
> I have the most  recent /etc/cups/cupsd.conf working with  my network
> printers except for one.
> gc-hp239, an HP 4250 dtn reports a status -3  when I send  jobs to it
> from the host RedHat system.  Jobs  from Window computers going through
> the RH server and directly from the RedHat system to gc-hp239  do not
> print.
>
> I don't have the driver  for the 4250  installed on the RedHat system,
> but previous to the update
> I  was successfully using the driver for an HP 4100.
<snip>
Really dumb question: using the CUPS interface, have you started the printer?
For that matter, using the interface, can you print a test page?

If you can do the latter, you might want to look at the CUPS config on that box
more closely - did the upgrade change that, and isn't letting it be seen/used
by other systems, only localhost?

	mark