firefox 3 not starting RHEL ES 4

Tangren, Bill bill.tangren at usno.navy.mil
Thu Sep 18 15:03:23 UTC 2008

You are definitely on the right track. The directory (and its
subdirectory) where libpangocairo had permissions of 700. I had to
change them to 755 before I made any progress. Now I get this error:

(Gecko:31008): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Cannot open pixbuf loader module
file '/usr/evolution28/etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders': Permission
denied

The problem here is, this file exists, but not in this location. It
exists at /usr/evolution28/etc/gtk-2.0/linux*/gdk-pixbuf.loaders

As a user, if I try to ls
/usr/evolution28/etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders, I get a permission
denied. As root, if I do it, I get "file not found".

Does this directory maybe need to have world write privileges?