X server not running after install/deinstall VMware-tools

Francisco Garcia franchu.garcia at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 18:22:39 UTC 2008

Hi Tom,

You should never need to reinstall packages (unless badly broken /
overwritten binaries, etc).

Xorg can be reconfigured with system-config-display tool ; best run in
runlevel 3 in case X need to be restarted. Take into account that most
X keyb shortcuts (ctrl+alt+f1 won't properly work if you're running
vmware from a GNU/Linux host :-) )