Can someone please SHOUT at Redhat for me?

Ben Kevan ben.kevan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 15:08:51 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 03 September 2008 06:44:09 am Ryan Golhar wrote:
> This happened a long time ago for with me with my ldap directory being
> overwritten.  Since then I've stopped applying automatic pathes from
> redhat on my servers.  Instead, I do it by hand.  It might take a bit
> longer but I'd rather be safe.

Why doesn't everyone just exclude the "important" packages on your critical
production servers? Seems like the most logical thing.

You wouldn't want Java updating on a whim on many weblogic / tomcat servers..
so you just exclude em..

But after reading this, I think i'll have to implement searching for
the .rmpsave's, seems as though many have gotten bitten.

Ben