Booting virtual machine in Xen from DVD ISO

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Thu Sep 4 15:57:00 UTC 2008

I'm running RHEL5 with the Xen kernel.  This box hosts multiple virtual
machines.  I've always had the DVD present when building the VMs in the
past and the install initiated on its own.  This time, I build the
machine, turned it off, obtained the DVD ISO, mounted the ISO, and
booted the machine, but the machine insists on booting from the
harddrive, even though its blank.

How do I force the VM to boot from the DVD ISO?  When I mount the DVD
ISO, I see the dropdown box for the "Path to install media", but I'm not
using an actual DVD...

Ryan