Booting virtual machine in Xen from DVD ISO

Marcos Aurelio Rodrigues deigratia33 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 20:20:19 UTC 2008

im not sure if i understood your question...but you want to boot the VMs by
the DVD...you will need to:

disk = [ 'file:/images/image.img,ioemu:hda:w',
'file:/images/imagecd.iso,hdc:cdrom,r']

boot=d (to boot from the iso image)

boot=c(to boot from the hd)

[]s
Marcos

2008/9/4 Ryan Golhar <golharam at umdnj.edu>

> I'm running RHEL5 with the Xen kernel.  This box hosts multiple virtual
> machines.  I've always had the DVD present when building the VMs in the past
> and the install initiated on its own.  This time, I build the machine,
> turned it off, obtained the DVD ISO, mounted the ISO, and booted the
> machine, but the machine insists on booting from the harddrive, even though
> its blank.
>
> How do I force the VM to boot from the DVD ISO?  When I mount the DVD ISO,
> I see the dropdown box for the "Path to install media", but I'm not using an
> actual DVD...
>
> Ryan

Marcos Aurelio Rodrigues
<deigratia33 at gmail.com>