NIS configure

Binyon, Steve CTR USAF ACC 705 CTS/ASRCC Steve.Binyon at kirtland.af.mil
Mon Sep 8 18:09:24 UTC 2008

In the /etc/passwd file on the NIS master, the user's home directory
would be: /home/user01. Since the home directories are not being served
out, it must be local to the machine (unless I'm missing something).
Then on each system that is in the NIS domain that 'user01' can log
into, make the directory /home/user01 with proper ownership, copy any
login scripts required and have that directory owned by that user's
UID/GID.
Hth
smb