LUN Support for TL4000

Ron Russell ron.russell at beg.utexas.edu
Mon Sep 15 18:47:30 UTC 2008

I am running a Red Hat Enterprise 5 server.  I have installed a Dell TL4000 tape drive.  A #cat /proc/scsi/scsi shows:

Host: scsi3 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
Vendor: IBM Model: ULT3580-HH4 Rev: 8378
Type: Sequential-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 03

This shows the drive but not the loader.  I found something for Red Hat 4 but that did not work.  Can anyone point me in the right direction to get the loader to show up.  An example of what should show up is below:

Attached devices: Host: scsi3 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
Vendor: IBM Model: ULTRIUM-TD3 Rev: 5BG2
Type: Sequential-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 03

Attached devices: Host: scsi3 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 01
Vendor: DELL Model: PV-124T Rev: V31
Type: Sequential-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 03

Ron Russell