Virtualizing KDE's

lists at grounded.net lists at grounded.net
Sun Sep 21 00:17:09 UTC 2008

I was not able to find a redhat virtual server list so thought I'd start here.

I want to build a virtual server which I can use to create an unlimited number of KDE based desktops. I need to find a good distro or guest which is optimized to do this.

This would allow me to shut down a number of machines sitting around doing minor tasks, virtualizing them as things should be these days.

I've been playing with vmware but I would like to look at alternatives. In addition, I would like to be able to find the right combination which will allow me to run as many of these as I might need.

The test servers I have been using vmware on are xeon based which seem to run vmware very well and which I'd like to keep using. The guests use network storage for their space requirements.

Looking for thoughts, thanks very much.

Mike