Virtualizing KDE's

mark m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Sun Sep 21 02:59:28 UTC 2008

lists at grounded.net wrote:
> I was not able to find a redhat virtual server list so thought I'd start
> here.
>
> I want to build a virtual server which I can use to create an unlimited
> number of KDE based desktops. I need to find a good distro or guest which is
> optimized to do this.
>
> This would allow me to shut down a number of machines sitting around doing
> minor tasks, virtualizing them as things should be these days.

Um, why not simply run the KDE server on those machines, with the one server
being the client (remember, X has the words client and server bass ackwards
from everyone else's use of the terms)? I mean, I could install something like
Chameleon, or any of the F/OSS that runs under WinDoze; if the other boxes you
want to run 'em on are Linux, that's not even a problem.

Or you could increase the number of virtual desktops under KDE from the default 4.

	mark

	mark