Virtualizing KDE's

lists at grounded.net lists at grounded.net
Sun Sep 21 03:06:42 UTC 2008

> virtualized kde. Do you mean a linux distro virtualzed running the kde
> desktop environment? What would these machines be doing? How many
> machines?

I have 10 users with their own physical machines. I'd like to have their desktop be VM's on the network and be able to support them from the one server. The machines aren't all being used at the same time and they aren't being used for anything too intensive, web applications, email, etc, no graphics or the likes.

I'm running vmware 2.0 but am wondering about the redhat virtualization server which is on the install disk. I had installed it on a centos machine but never got around to using it. Now I'm back on rhel5 and wanting to install it and give it a try.

Yes, production but for testing, doesn't matter.

Mike

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 19:56:39 -0700, Ben Kevan wrote:
> What are the management requirements? I'm not sure what you mean

What flavor of vmware are you running? Will this environment