Virtualizing KDE's

lists at grounded.net lists at grounded.net
Sun Sep 21 03:33:56 UTC 2008

> Um, why not simply run the KDE server on those machines, with the one server
> being the client (remember, X has the words client and server bass ackwards
> from everyone else's use of the terms)? I mean, I could install something
> like
> Chameleon, or any of the F/OSS that runs under WinDoze; if the other boxes
> you want to run 'em on are Linux, that's not even a problem.

I'm not very familiar with X to be honest so am not sure of it's capabilities. I think it would be perfect for what I'm talking about, basic machines for email, web browsing etc.

I don't want to change their machines, I just want them to be able to have a work environment that I can maintain. I was thinking vm because all it takes is a little client and they have remote access to a centralized server. I also have a bunch of machines running various things which do nothing else. It would be better to move those to a vm environment.

So, partly, it's to learn, mostly, it's to eventually be able to use it.

Mike