System Monitoring Tool: PandoraFMS 2.0 released

TopCom 900 topcom900 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 08:33:42 UTC 2008

Mark,

As far as I know, Nagios doesn't have WMI support, predictions servers,
visual consoles, *nice* reporting (either HTML or PDF), graphs, agent remote
configurations, wizards to keep all the systems under control, not to
mention how pain is to configure differents users to access the console.
It doesn't have historical data as well, which is really useful to trace
problems
Those are the first things that come to my mind...I'm pretty sure If I think
carefully I would have much more.

The thing here, as Mike Burger pointed out, just to try another tool not to
get stucked in the same tool over and over. I know nagios was a good tool 5
years ago, they have improved NOTHING since they released it.
In my opinion, sysadmins have new challenges everyday and they should move
on to new things and new tool that probably are better than tools they used
5 years ago.

That's just my opinion