wrong command

mark m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Fri Sep 26 18:37:03 UTC 2008

super naut wrote:
> You sorry lot making snide remarks like these remind me of those soulless
> assholes who always gather around crash scenes and snigger because "It's
> funny 'cause it happended to someone else...".
>
>  WTF are you doing on this here list if that's your attitude??

Consider this: most of us here have some, or a lot, of systems administration
experience. Things like this are something that someone should have learned in
the first term or first three months of playing with *Nix. When I've posted
here, it's after I've spent hours or days googling for answers. For someone who
has, in his .sig, that he's RHCE to ask this kind of thing tells me a) they
somehow passed the test without knowing what the answers meant, and b) that
they haven't even *tried* searching for the answer, or even spending a few
minutes thinking through the problem, or maybe even asking co-workers.

So if some of us get snippy with this kind of thing, deal with it - we feel as
though they've done *zero* homework.

Then there's folks here who come in and say "I know this, but don't know that,
(and even "I'm not a professional") and I've tried this, and it didn't work,
does anyone have any answers. Folks like that get answer, and all the help we
can give them.

	mark