Installing RHEL 5.2 on Sun hardware - Sun Universal Xport

GT4NE1 GT4NE1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 20:58:29 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I've got a new Sun Fire X4200 with an attached 2530 SAS array I'm
trying to install RHEL 5.2 x86_64 on.  It seems to be seeing my SAS
RAID controller first because when the RHEL install goes to find the
disks it finds a Sun Universal Xport (16MB) at /dev/sda and my
internal RAID 1 SAS logical disk (64GB) at /dev/sdb

How can I get it to see the internal disk first so I can install to /dev/sdb?

I've tried searching about the Sun Universal Xport and it seem to be
some kind of booting from SAN thing which is why I think it sees the
2530 disks first.

Thanks,

GT