dumb question

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Tue Apr 21 14:55:22 UTC 2009

Phebe,

>Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 09:43:15 -0500
>From: Phebe_Mertes at aotx.uscourts.gov
>
>They are actually ported for use in the x86_64 platform in order to give
>functionality to a 32 bit package.
>
>For example: we use HP's Server Management Homepage and one package is
>still in 32 bit. I have to install zlib i386 and several others to get it
>to function.

Oh. But *can* you install (as the example we're using) *both* the zlib i386 *and* the zlib x86_64 packages? I would not have thought that you could, nor would I have thought that you wanted to, since I'd think that packages that expected to use the latter would have trouble, accidentally getting the wrong lib.

       mark

   mark