Samba or Apache issue?

Allen Chen achen at harbourfrontcentre.com
Thu Apr 9 20:21:00 UTC 2009

m.roth2006 at rcn.com ??:
> Allen,
>

>> Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 11:31:43 -0500
>> From: Allen Chen <achen at harbourfrontcentre.com>
>>
>> I have a samba 2.0.22 and a apache 2.2.3 running on a separate RHEL4
>> machine.
>> If I change apache DocumentRoot to a mounted samba share, I cannot see
>> any static pages or files(images,css..) show up in broswer.In global
>> settings of httpd.conf, if I use EnableMMAP off and EnableSendfile off
>> options, this only changes apache access_log info from
>> "GET /mypage/test.html HTTP/1.1" 206 1106
>> "GET /mypage/test.html HTTP/1.1" 200 -
>>
>> But any php page works fine. It looks like apache doesn't like mounted
>> samba share. Any idea?
>>

> What's the ownership and permissions on the samba share, and are they the same as who apache's running as?
>
>       mark

Apache is running as nobody/nobody and all files&folders have
nobody/nobody as the ownership.
I think there is no permissions issue. Because php page works fine in
the same folder.
I have worked with samba and apache for 5 yrs. This is my first time to use
a mounted samba share as the DocumentRoot. I googled and found it is
ralated to the httpd.conf:

#
# EnableMMAP and EnableSendfile: On systems that support it,
# memory-mapping or the sendfile syscall is used to deliver
# files.  This usually improves server performance, but must
# be turned off when serving from networked-mounted
# filesystems or if support for these functions is otherwise
# broken on your system.
#
EnableMMAP off
EnableSendfile off

Samba log has no error message.

Has anybody ever used mounted samba share as DocumentRoot for apache?

Allen