DenyHosts alternatives for RHEL3

Hugh E Cruickshank hugh at forsoft.com
Sun Apr 19 06:15:18 UTC 2009

Hi all:

I have been using DenyHosts on RHEL5 and wanted to install it on a RHEL3
system but discovered that it does not work on RHEL3 due to dependency
issues (with Python). For the time being I am stuck with RHEL3 on this
system but I would still like to implement something similar to the
DenyHosts package. I have looked at fail2ban but before I get too deep
into that package I thought I should seek out any other alternatives.
So here it goes...

Can anyone recommend a viable alternative for DenyHosts that will work
on RHEL3?

TIA

Regards, Hugh

--