Crontab

Rohit khaladkar rohit.khaladkar at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 08:58:56 UTC 2009

I guess you cannot have crontab entry in terms of seconds.But you can create
a script which would repeatedly run your script and give an interval of 30
seconds.
For eg, create a tmp.sh script which would run your desired script (say
script1.sh) after every 30 seconds.

Your tmp.sh script would look like

#!/bin/sh
script1.sh
sleep 30
script1.sh
sleep 30
script1.sh

Make an entry in the crontab to execute this script every minute.

This should solve the purpose. If anyone comes up with a better idea, feel
free to go ahead with that, but this is a workaround, if you are stuck.

Thanks!
Rohit Khaladkar.

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 2:17 PM, ~~~0Pen ~~~ S0uRce ~~~ <vijay1313 at gmail.com