need help with clustering

Patil, Manjiri S mpatil at bu.edu
Tue Apr 21 15:53:16 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am trying to setup a simple two node cluster (xyz1.abc.com and
xyz2.abc.com) using Redhat Cluster suite on RHEL  5.3 64bit . I followed
the directions from Configuring and Managing a Red Hat Cluster for
RHEL5.2
<http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5.2/html/Clus
ter_Administration/index.html>  document . I started Conga interface on
xyz1 , created cluster . Added two nodes to the cluster. However when I
go to Cluster tab  in Conga  , choose a cluster to administer and  start
this cluster  I get something like "Unable to retrieve batch 1925186196
status from xyz2.abc.com:11111: service cman start failed: Node
"xyz2.abc.com" joining cluster "sakaitest" -- You will be redirected in
5 seconds. "

Can someone help me ? Also is there any other better documentation on
setting up Redhat clustering available ?

Thanks