Redhat DHCP errors caused by unknown machine.

Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com
Thu Apr 23 09:28:08 UTC 2009

We have a new Redhat version 4 server which is a DCHP server but since it
has been in place about 2 weeks we are getting continual errors in the logs
as some host is attempting to do a DHCP request for an IP address, and it
being repeatedly rejected by server because it is not a registered host.
The Mac Address of the host is known and I have put that in a search on the
net and it seems to be part of "Blade Network Technologies". I have been
around all the machines on the network Windows/Linux/Unix/Switches but
cannot find the host causing these errors.

Does anyone know anything I can do to find what and where this host is.

Regards

Andrew Bridgeman

This transmission is confidential and must not be used or disclosed by
anyone other than the intended recipient. Neither Tata Steel Europe Limited
nor
any of its subsidiaries can accept any responsibility for any use or
misuse of the transmission by anyone.

For address and company registration details of certain entities
within the Corus group of companies, please visit
http://www.corusgroup.com/entities