Redhat DHCP errors caused by unknown machine.

Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com
Thu Apr 23 10:34:02 UTC 2009

Every Minute it says "dhcpd BOOTREQUEST from 00:18:b1:??:??:??  via Bond0:
BOOTP from dynamic client and no dynamic leases.

Regards

Andrew Bridgeman

             "~~~0Pen ~~~
             S0uRce ~~~"
             <vijay1313 at gmail.                                          To
             com>                      General Red Hat Linux discussion
             Sent by:                  list <redhat-list at redhat.com>
             redhat-list-bounc                                          cc
             es at redhat.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Redhat DHCP errors caused by
             23/04/2009 11:23          unknown machine.

             Please respond to
              General Red Hat
             Linux discussion
                   list
             <redhat-list at redh
                  at.com>

Hi Andrew,

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 2:58 PM, <Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com> wrote:

> We have a new Redhat version 4 server which is a DCHP server but since it
> has been in place about 2 weeks we are getting continual errors in the
logs
> as some host is attempting to do a DHCP request for an IP address, and it
> being repeatedly rejected by server because it is not a registered host.
> The Mac Address of the host is known and I have put that in a search on
the
> net and it seems to be part of "Blade Network Technologies". I have been
> around all the machines on the network Windows/Linux/Unix/Switches but
> cannot find the host causing these errors.
>
> Does anyone know anything I can do to find what and where this host is.

What kind of error your are getting in your server's  /var/log/messages
file
???
Can you paste any example of the error message ?

~~~ 0Pen ~~~ S0uRce ~~~

This transmission is confidential and must not be used or disclosed by
anyone other than the intended recipient. Neither Tata Steel Europe Limited
nor
any of its subsidiaries can accept any responsibility for any use or
misuse of the transmission by anyone.

For address and company registration details of certain entities
within the Corus group of companies, please visit
http://www.corusgroup.com/entities