cups /usr/sbin/reject problem

Krishnaprasad_K at Dell.com Krishnaprasad_K at Dell.com
Fri Apr 24 06:16:50 UTC 2009

As a workaround, you can use the reject printername command in cups
restart() function so that you don't need to manually perform the same.

Thanks,
Krishnaprasad

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Blackburn, Marvin
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2009 6:27 PM
To: redhat-list at redhat.com
Subject: cups /usr/sbin/reject problem

We have a printer that is temporarily unavailable.  I can use

/usr/sbin/reject printer_name

However, when cups is restarted (for whatever reason), this setting is
reset.

Is there any way to  get the setting to persists after a restart?

This is a problem as logrotate restarts the service each week (with the
condrestart option).

I am running rheles 3.

Any help would be appreciated.