Centralized log server implementation

sarish support at 24x7cnssupport.com
Fri Apr 24 11:33:03 UTC 2009

hi  all ,

             I  want to implement a centralized log server on rhel5. Is
that possible in RHEL with the help of syslog. If yes, can you help in
implementing  that by providing some good doc or good url. And any tool
which reads all logs from /var/log and show it in window or browser.

               Basically my intention is to create a log server in such
a manner  instead of creating log files in each server it should be
logged in one server where i could read logs of all servers which are
running on  different m/cs.  Will  these logs differ each other  in
terms  of m/cs  as  there are some common logs. Let me clear.
               Suppose we have a web server and ftp server running on
diff m/c both are having messages, dmesg and secure if we log it on the
same m/c we should differ it too.

                   Any help in this concern will be appreciated.........
--

With Best Regards

*Mr.Sarish S*

/"The wise man doesn't give the right answers, he poses the right
questions"/