HP DL380 iLOM configuration under RHEL5

Cannon, Andrew C Andrew.Cannon at amec.com
Tue Apr 28 08:22:22 UTC 2009

Steve,

I haven't done it on a HP server, but I have connected to the Serial
Management port on a Sun server.  I'm assuming that they work in the
same manner.  Connecting to the Sun box from our Linux system over the
serial connection is simply a case of typing:

cu -l /dev/ttyS0 -s 9600

This gives a serial connection to the ILOM on the Sun box.  Hopefully
this will be the same for you.

Andrew