problem compiling NTFS support

Jose R R jose.r.r at metztli.com
Tue Apr 28 11:27:50 UTC 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 4:02 AM, ESGLinux <esggrupos at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=3363
>
> on it tells that with RHEL 5.3 ntfs does not compile and shows a workaround
> to use ntfs. I have used this workaround and it works for me.
>
> Just one thing, I think it´s not acceptable that the kernel does not compile
> this FS (I suppose its the most extended around the world)

You may consider in your GNU/Linux toolbelt an Debian/Ubuntu
distribution.  These usually come with cooked-in read/write support
for the proprietary file system of your interest.  As a side note,
Debian's built-in support for other file systems like JFS will even
enable repairs on non-spanned LVM  volumes created by proprietary
systems like OS/2.

Cheers.

--
Jose R R