Linux system administration methodology or best practice

mark m.roth at 5-cent.us
Sat Aug 29 01:19:41 UTC 2009

Johan Booysen wrote:
> Yeah but you pay for the privilege to use RHN Satellite.
>
> I've actually come across Spacewalk, which is apparently a free version
> of RHN Satellite.  I've installed it in a test lab but haven't gotten
> round to decent testing yet.  In the meantime mrepo does the job for us.

Danger, Will Robinson, danger!

I spent a couple of months fighting Spacewalk. Somewhere in April, it just went
from .4 to .5. In spite of what my manager & VP at that job seem to think, you
do NOT use something < v1.0.1 for production.

	mark "if you email me directly, I'll tell you all sorts of
		things about it...."

--
"The Pluto Files", Neil Degrasse Tyson.
Pluto shall rise again! - whitroth