is apache 2.2.11 certified by Red Hat?

ESGLinux esggrupos at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 07:42:23 UTC 2009

>> The most recent version of httpd (Apache 2) in RHEL 5 is 2.2.3. This will
> not likely change until RHEL 6, so if you want this feature you are probably
> best advised to remove the existing one (yum remove httpd) and install the
> latest. You should build your own rpm file for the install, so that yum and
> rpm will know it's there, and just to be safe add httpd to yum's "ignore"
> list.
>
> Cheers,

Hi Paul,

thanks for your answer,

The problem with this approach is that Red Hat does not give support to my
production system if I installed a not certified version. I have paid a lot
of money in suscriptions to have the system certified and this package is
out the support.

It can happens with other packages, so, is there any way to do it without
lose the support?

greetings,

ESG