disable automatic updates

ESGLinux esggrupos at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 08:36:28 UTC 2009

Hi Paul,
I have the autoupdated disabled, Look at the yum-updatesd.conf

[main]
# how often to check for new updates (in seconds)
run_interval = 3600
# how often to allow checking on request (in seconds)
updaterefresh = 600

# how to send notifications (valid: dbus, email, syslog)
emit_via = dbus
# should we listen via dbus to give out update information/check for
# new updates
dbus_listener = yes

# automatically install updates
do_update = no
# automatically download updates
do_download = no
# automatically download deps of updates
do_download_deps = no

Sincerely, I think that someone has applied the updates manually and now is
in silence. Is there any way to know if the update has been done manually or
automatically (perhaps looking at any log file) ?

Greetings,

ESG