Trying to mount 13 Tb disk on RedHat system.

Romeo Theriault romeotheriault at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 02:54:02 UTC 2009

> Our 13 Tb partition was added to /etc/fstab as a ext3  filesystem and
> mounted on  the system.
>
> "df -h" though lists it as a 1.8 Tb system.
>
> /dev/sdc1             1.8T  196M  1.7T   1% /m3team
>
> How  can we monitor the space used on the 13 Tb disk assuming that it is
> mounted correctly?
> How  do we tell if it is mounted correctly?

If fdisk, mkfs and df are only going to recognize 2TB partitions and you are
going to use LVM to create a 13TB logical volume out of the smaller 2TB
partitions then you'll need to create 7 2TB partitions and add them all to
the system as LVM volumes in the same volume group. You should then be able
to create your 13TB volume.

Hope that helps.

--
Romeo Theriault