how to get the number of sockets

Marti, Rob RJM002 at shsu.edu
Tue Aug 18 12:53:13 UTC 2009

Weird...

Handle 0x0700, DMI type 7, 19 bytes
Cache Information
        Socket Designation: Not Specified
        Configuration: Enabled, Not Socketed, Level 1
        Operational Mode: Write Back
        Location: Internal
        Installed Size: 32 kB
        Maximum Size: 32 kB
        Supported SRAM Types:
                Other
        Installed SRAM Type: Other
        Speed: Unknown
        Error Correction Type: None
        System Type: Data
        Associativity: 8-way Set-associative

Handle 0x0701, DMI type 7, 19 bytes
Cache Information
        Socket Designation: Not Specified
        Configuration: Enabled, Not Socketed, Level 2
        Operational Mode: Varies With Memory Address
        Location: Internal
        Installed Size: 4096 kB
        Maximum Size: 4096 kB
        Supported SRAM Types:
                Other
        Installed SRAM Type: Other
        Speed: Unknown
        Error Correction Type: Single-bit ECC
        System Type: Unified
        Associativity: <OUT OF SPEC>

No idea which is referring to the empty socket and what the other one is...

Rob Marti
Systems Administrator
Sam Houston State University
936-294-3804 // rob at shsu.edu