Linux system administration methodology or best practice

Ezra Taylor ezra.taylor at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 19:55:00 UTC 2009

Kevin:
             You can create your own RPM repo.  I would assume you can
download all the rpm's from RHN.  Then setup your own repo.  Next you point
all your servers to the new repo.  This way, all your machines will be
updated from just one repo.  Note, CentOS is a Redhat clone.  It will be
much cheaper to maintain Centos then RHEL from Redhat.

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 10:14 PM, Wahyu Darmawan
<Wahyu.Darmawan at ag-it.com>wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
> When you have RHEL subscription number of support, you will get RHN access.
> And also, to apply security updates or patches for your production server,
> RHN will provides you.
> To get more info you should visit here
> http://www.redhat.com/red_hat_network/
> CMIIW.
>
> To migrate your sandbox to development to production environment, maybe
> another gurus and experts will guide you.
>
> Rgds,

Ezra Taylor