Linux system administration methodology or best pratice

mark m.roth at 5-cent.us
Sun Aug 30 02:58:24 UTC 2009

Kristopher Kane wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The U.S. NSA has two guides on securing RHEL5:
>
> http://www.nsa.gov/ia/guidance/security_configuration_guides/operating_systems.shtml#linux2

Consider Bastille Linux. It's not a distro, but a set of hardening scripts that
I understand NIST's recommendations on hardening use most of. I've used it on
my own firewall/router, and have been on broadband since 98 or 99, and to the
best of my knowledge, have never had an intrusion.

	mark

--
>From CNN (11/19/2008): "Retiring GOP Congressman Tom Davis memorably declared
that if Republicans were a dog food, they'd be pulled off the shelves."