Socks5 proxy server in RHEL5

Romeo Theriault romeotheriault at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 13:11:47 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 7:08 PM, Haridas, Rijeshk (NSN - IN/Bangalore) <
rijeshk.haridas at nsn.com> wrote:

>  Our requirement is that we have a windows client machine(without ssh
> client) and we need to launch a web page using any socks5 proxy server
> installed in a RHEL5 server.In that case ssh cant be used as we cant have it
> installed in our client.
>
> Any other alternatives (SOCKS5 proxy server) that comes along with
> RHEL5???we are trying to avoid third party proxy server packages from our
> server.

I don't know about that are included in RHEL5 but check out the bottom of
this wikipedia page on SOCKS, there are a bunch of links to linux socks
server implementations:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SOCKS

Good luck,

Romeo Theriault