update redhat kernel

Krishnaprasad_K at Dell.com Krishnaprasad_K at Dell.com
Sun Dec 20 16:03:40 UTC 2009

You can get the latest kernel version from www.kernel.org. There are lot
of docs available on how to compile the new kernel and boot from it.

You can create a YUM repository with all packages so that it will take
care of dependencies.

Thanks,
Krishnaprasad

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of htc sun
Sent: Sunday, December 20, 2009 7:33 PM
To: redhat-list at redhat.com
Subject: update redhat kernel

Hi ALL,

I'm new to redhat. I have a system and can someone share with me where
can I
download and install the kernel update? The kernel version for my system
is:-

# uname -a
Linux redhat-04 2.6.18-92.el5PAE #1 SMP Tue Apr 29 13:31:02 EDT 2008
i686
athlon i386 GNU/Linux

Also, I have a repo server consists of all the packages. How can I
install
the dovecot, httpd and vsftpd packages etc on this system from my repo
server and how do I take care of those packages dependencies.

Regards,
htc