RHEV import

Marius Pana marius.pana at spanning.ro
Wed Dec 30 08:57:49 UTC 2009

Hi ESG,

Use the following powershell commands to display the VmID and hard disk ID.
Once you have those you can navigate to one of your rhev hosts, locate the
disk image identified and dd your converted image over it.

PS C:\> $vm=select-vm("Name=<your vm name>")

PS C:\> $vm

The above will print your vmid. The following will print your vm's disk id.

PS C:\> $vm.getdiskimages()

Just make sure that the disk you created in RHEV is the same size or larger
and preallocated.

Good luck,
Marius

P.S. This procedure was brought to my attention by someone at RedHat. I
assume in the following version there will be import tools developed for
these cases.