Accessing Web Pages from a User's Folder

Devarishi Kumar Mahadeva dk_mahadeva at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 14 23:16:52 UTC 2009

Hi,

After installing and configuring Apache (Web Services) on RHEL 5.2 and creating an HTML file as /var/www/html/index.html I can browse the home page without any problem. But if I want to access a particular user's html file which is, for example, given as below:

/home/demo/web/demo.html

then how to do it? I enabled user_dir in the httpd.conf and set the permisisons on the user's home directory and the web folder as stated therein. By the error messgae is: 403 forbidden: You are not authorised to access it... something like that.

Can you help me with it?

I have alink in the index.html file as given below:

Thanks,
Dev.