ssh passwordless login

Charan charan314 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 08:04:33 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to setup ssh password less login to remote server but
failing to setup. We have service accounts which are the accounts to
sudo in to edit, run some particular application files.

This is how I basically do sudo into a service account
1. open putty and login
2. sudo su - svc-oracle

Now, su-oracle exits on the remote server but not on my local server
I have setup the keys, but when I enter the following command, instead
of ssh to the remote server it is asking for the password.
[charan at bisquioant1288]ssh svc-oracle at bisquioant1289
svc-oracle at bisquioant1289 password:

Do I need to have any additional setup because svc-oracle doesn't
exist on my local server?

Note: we have another service account called svc-aqua which exists on
both the servers. I was able to setup password less login to this
service account

[charan at bisquioant1288]ssh svc-aqua at bisquioant1289
[svc-aqua at bisquioant1289]

--
Thanks,
Charan