ssh passwordless login

Charan charan314 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 06:06:56 UTC 2009

Well

identity file is nothing but id_rsa file
I did copying id_rsa to identity in .ssh folder

cp id_rsa identity

and the error you mentioned below ("Unknown key type") I don't know
why this is coming here because I removed the .ssh folder and then
regenerated again but still it shows me the same error.

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 9:56 AM, Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au> wrote:
> On 15Dec2009 09:22, Charan <charan314 at gmail.com> wrote:
> | I did the ssh -vvv
> | Please see the attachment.
> [...]
> | ssh -vvv svc-oracle at bisquioant1289
> | OpenSSH_3.9p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7a Feb 19 2003
> | debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config
> | debug1: Applying options for *
> | debug2: ssh_connect: needpriv 0
> | debug1: Connecting to bisquioant1289 [bisquioant1289] port 22.
> | debug1: Connection established.
> | debug3: Not a RSA1 key file /export/home/charan/.ssh/identity.
> | debug2: key_type_from_name: unknown key type '-----BEGIN'
> | debug3: key_read: missing keytype
> | debug3: key_read: missing whitespace
> [...]
>
> Your private key is not in ssh's expected format. What did you use to
> generate it?
>
> I also suspect you might have stored a public key in the private key
> file:-( Have a look at the /export/home/charan/.ssh/identity file;
> does the "-----BEGIN" line describe the content?
> --
> Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au> DoD#743
> http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/
>
> A vacuum is a hell of a lot better than some of the stuff that nature
> replaces it with.       - Tenessee Williams

Thanks,
Charan